Shadowrun: Dragonfall is an offical campaign for Shadowrun Returns by Harebrained Schemes. It is set in Berlin in 2054, 42 years after events know as Dragonfall, that saw the Great Dragon Feuerschwinge emerge from the mountains in Germany, go on the rampage in the German countryside, and eventually get taken down after 4 months of death and destruction by a hero called Vauclair, and the German Luftwaffe.
The Directors Cut is a standalone release of the Dragonfall campaign and adds a host of new features including additional missions, a revamped combat system, alternate endings etc.:
Shadowrun: Dragonfall – Director’s Cut is a standalone release of our critically-acclaimed Dragonfall campaign, which first premiered as a major expansion for Shadowrun Returns. The Director’s Cut adds a host of new content and enhancements to the original game: 5 all-new missions, alternate endings, new music, a redesigned interface, team customization options, a revamped combat system, and more – making it the definitive version of this one-of-a-kind cyberpunk RPG experience.
New in the Director’s Cut:
• Standalone: Due to popular demand, Dragonfall is now a completely standalone title!
• Five All-New Missions: The Director’s Cut features five all-new original missions, including three related directly to the personal stories of your team members. These missions take you to previously-unseen locales – both within the Flux State and beyond – where you’ll have to face challenging enemies and make tough choices in order to help your team members prevail.
• Revamped Combat System: The Dragonfall combat system has received a major overhaul. An all-new armor system adds another tactical layer to the experience, while refined cover and damage mechanics emphasize the importance of battlefield positioning. Complementing these improvements is an upgraded AI system which reacts more intelligently and accurately to your actions.
• Redesigned Interface: The Dragonfall in-game interface has also been rebuilt. Spells, items and abilities are now much easier to access, while improved combat feedback allows you to fully understand the tactical situation in any given encounter.
• Customize Your Team: Guide your team members as they progress in each of their unique roles, choosing between different focus options to grant them new items and abilities. In addition, if you don’t like a team member’s default spell, item or weapon loadout, you can now customize what they bring on each mission.
• Ten New Pieces of Original Music: Fan-favorite composer Jon Everist brings ten new tracks of moody cyberpunk music to the Dragonfall experience, including compositions based on the stories of individual members of your team.
• The Complete Dragonfall Soundtrack: As a free bonus, the Director’s Cut includes the entire soundtracks from both Dragonfall AND our previous title, Shadowrun Returns. This also includes the brand new tracks exclusive to the Director’s Cut. Featuring music from the composers of the classic Shadowrun SEGA and SNES games, this exciting cyberpunk soundtrack pays homage to the past with a modern sentiment.
• Steam Achievements!
• Steam Trading Cards – collect your favorite Dragonfall characters
• All-new alternate endings to the main campaign
• Enhanced visual effects including splatter and dismemberment, improved animations, and optional post-processing effects
• New bioware augmentations provide an extra edge on the battlefield… if you’ve got the nuyen
• A variety of new items, cyberware & spells
• Additional player customization options
• Expanded character development for several side characters
• Writing and design tweaks and polish throughout!
Source: The Developer Website.