Mankind Divided's Adam Jensen may be a clone or body double:
- Ti Yong Medical was experimenting with brain implants that would allow someone else to have the memories and personality of another. As seen in the "The Last Harvest" side quest and all associated emails and p-secretaries. This seems to be a continuation on their research on memory implants, as in Human Revolution, they had chips that could block out and suppress memories.
Jensen also claims several memory problems. Between no memory for a year after the event (he claims he was in a coma) to saying there were "several months where the harder he tries to remember, the fuzzier it gets". He seeks to try and fill the gaps in his memory. In the scene during the credits, TF29s psychiatrist reports to DeBeers that Jensen's memories were "stable and still in line with the program".
- The augmentations Jensen has ingame may or may not be his original Sarif models with unknown refits or entirely new augmentations. In "The Mystery Augs", Koller mentions that the new augs "dont have Sarif's touch", saying that there are "loose wires", crude mountings, and shoddy PEDOT shells. He also says that the installs were made "within the last two years" aka after the Panchea incident. Jensen mentions that no one at the clinic he was placed in after the event (in which he woke up 1 year after Panchea) could identify him. Sarif says that it shouldn't have been hard to ID him, as all Sarif augmentations have a registered serial number. He also claims that the Titan shield aug Jensen now has was only a concept when he last saw it, not something he would have been able to install.
- Dr. Orlov (aka the Vistor) signed off on a few schematics you can find throughout the game. Orlov worked with TYM (TYM acquired Sarif Industries and all its tech between the end of Human Revolution and Mankind Divided), and he was at the clinic where Jensen woke up after Panchea, Sarif claims he was the only one who would have been capable of making the new augs work with a "competing system" aka Sarif Industries augs, and he was in the 2 locations you can find augmentation schematics signed by him (Prague and GERN, which is in the Baltic region). Unfortunately, when Jensen had a chance to confront Orlav, Orlav was assassinated. Small note, the only people found with augs similar to Jensen's are from the GERN facility, in which you can find an Orlov schematic.
- The timeline after Panchea. Sarif claims it was search and rescue the first week (7 days), then turned into a body recovery operation, then a few days after that, a unit of soldiers who were never publically identified intervened. Sarif thinks that is who found Jensen.
- Jensen is the only known person with immunity from augmentation rejection syndrome. But he claims that that makes him "one in a billion" hinting that there are others. Also Megan Reed (now working for TYM) was last known to be working on a way to spread that immunity to others. Project Orchid is the last known result of that, but its unfinished state makes it a lethal poison that causes rapid rejection syndrome.
- [In the book Black Light]: When Jensen wakes up in the Alaska clinic, the first thing he is asked (and the first words of the book) is "How much do you remember?". The first memories that come to him was Panchea collapsing (he describes it as flashes of action disconnected from one another), this includes the sounds of his own heartbeat slowing. He also thinks that he "should be dead". The first parts of the book is Jensen in the clinic, allowing his memories to come back. This is explained by one of his attendants in the clinic while he had been clinically dead, the frigid cold waters combined with his Sential Implant kept him from being beyond reviving. Dr. McFadden, a cover name for Dr. Orlov, was monitoring Jensen at the clinic and says that Jensen was extremely lucky, as someone doesn't cheat death twice.
- [In the book Black Light]: Elizabeth DuClare using her command over WHO (World Health Organization) to investigate White Helix Labs, a defunct subsidiary of VersaLife, and whose experiments on Jensen when he was a baby made him immune to augmentation rejection syndrome. DuClare looks up a project "Black Light", when she later revisits the files, the books says she sees "The face of a dead man on her screen". Flipside of that, she tells DeBeers that maybe they should have "left him in the sea" when DeBeers brings up that Jensen had resurfaced after escaping the Alaska clinic (of which it was DuClare's operatives duty to watch him).
- [In the book Black Light]: When Jensen first contacts Pritchard, Pritchard is suspicious he may be a fake, and when they meet up, he runs a hair he pulls from Jensen's jacket through a handheld DNA scanner. It comes up as a match for Jensen.
- [In the book Black Light]: Jensen breaks into the abandoned Sarif Industries lab to use a system scanner to check his augmentation, all it detects wrong is some kind of implanted tracker, which Jensen swiftly removes.
- [In the book Black Light]: While Jensen is in the abandoned offices and labs, he claims it makes the feelings of being disconnected since he woke up stronger. He felt a glimmer of unfamiliarity with the building, despite knowing its layout and rooms intimately.
- [In the book Black Light]: When fighting Agent Thorne for the last time. She claims that Jensen is only alive (aka being spared by the Illumanti) thanks to "the blood in his veins".
- SUMMARY: Jensen is recovered from Panchea, probably over a week after the incident (tho the Illumanti had other assets in the wreckage they hoped to salvage). He is flown to the GERN facility and held there, either dead or in a coma. Here he is either upgraded, or replaced with a body double. During this time, TYM acquired Sarif Industries and all of their patents. They also had been testing their memory implants. With doctor Orlov's help, they either install the new test augmentations in Jensen, or installs fresh augmentations taken from Sarif Industries (with the new modifications) into a clone/body double. They also install the memory implant, either with the original Jensen's memories in it, or to record any new memories. Jensen is flown to the facility in Alaska. Either he has totally new augmentations that lack Sarif Industry's registry codes, or the Illumanti pull strings to prevent anyone from looking the registry numbers up, but the clinic claims that Jensen had been there since a week after the event and that they had no idea who he was before he awoke. One month after waking up (1 week in the book) Jensen stages a break out and returns to Detroit.
- COUNTER: A memory implant could have been implanted that is not Jensen's memories, but someone else's, possibly the Illumanti's personality drive to locate Janus. When you confront Daria, the only person with a known implant, she can clearly distinguish herself from the killer whose memories and motivations inhabit the chip, even fighting the personality and asking for help (in her own way). Everyone associated with her claim that while the memories and personality implanted in her, its her decision, independent of the chip, to act on them. But this info comes from Dr. Cipra who wants Jensen to kill Daria and remove the chip, thus covering up TYM's involvement.
- On his DNA and immunity, Jensen is still the only human shown to have the ARS immunity. While Reed was working on a way to give this to everyone, the latest we have is Project orchid, an incomplete version which causes immediate and severe ARS. Also Pritchard tested Jensen's DNA from that hair on Jensen's jacket. While its possible Jensen is a clone, the Illumanti have not been shown to have the ability to flash grow clones that fast. Even in games later in the timeline, clones take years to grow. They would have had to made a Jensen clone within 1 year. The Illumanti also has not been shown to be able to restructure someone's DNA so completely.
- His augmentations could be his originals. Koller implies that only the experimental augs lack Sarif Industries skill. These experimental augs are TYM refits. With the possible exception of his PEPs cannon in his arm, that seems to have been a Sarif Industries prototype, probably acquired after buying Sarif Industries.
- Jensen's feelings of disconnect comes from reawakening in a world so vastly changed from what he left. This shows when he infiltrates the abandoned Sarif Industries building. The darkened building, abandoned offices, and damaged suffered from riots, combined with that the last time he saw the place, it was bright and alive with employees and Sarif Industry marketing everywhere.