UNRELEASED GAME – UNAVAILABLE
This game has officially been announced by the publisher or developer, and remains in development. Therefore, some of the game information may change in the future. Until this game is released, please do not submit images for it, nor add new releases. Press Kits are an exception.
Study Magick in Transylvania!
Near-Mage is a narrative-heavy adventure game with a bit of role-playing DNA that aims to appeal to hardcore players of the genre and newcomers alike.
You have been invited to stay in Transylvania for the summer... Only to find out that you come from a long line of witches. Meet your new vampyre and strigoi classmates, embrace your destiny, and enroll in the Transylvanian Institute for Magick! A supernatural adventure made in Transylvania.
Itís finally summer! Youíre 18, youíve just graduated highschool, and the road ahead is as blurry as it is open. All your friends have decided what colleges and universities theyíll be attending, but you, wellÖ Youíd rather think it over while playing video games.
Suddenly, a letter from your great-aunt Domnica arrives. She lives in Transylvania, and sheís inviting you over for the summer. Seems like a perfect way to clear your head and decide what it is you want to become in life...
But what if, once youíve arrived, you discover that both you and your great-aunt come from a long line of witches, and you are offered the possibility to enroll in the Transylvanian Institute for Magick?
A summer in dark and storied Transylvania, and a chance to become a Near-Mage.
- Study spell crafting in the Transylvanian Institute for Magick as a mage-in-training - a Near-Mage;
- Experience a deep and engaging story that plays like an adventure game;
- Craft your own spell inventory, use it with different results in every play-through;
- Dozens of unique characters in and around the Institute for Magick - your spells change their lives for better or worse;
- Vampyres, pricolitch, moroi, strigoi, ghouls, shtima, and more mythical Romanian creatures to interact with;
- Over 80 lushly rendered environments hand-painted in glorious 4K resolution;
- Traditionally animated frame-by-frame;
- Darkly colorful atmosphere bolstered by meticulous on-location research of myths and folklore;
- Rich cinematic orchestral
- Fully voiced by professional actors
- Dozens of itemized outfits and hairstyles to customize your main character;
- Switch from pointing and clicking with your mouse to direct control via gamepad on the fly;
- A game about Transylvania made by Transylvanians!
Source: The Game Press Kit.