From the box cover:
"This year's Fallout Nuclear Survival Kit uses the latest technology to keep you alive and kicking in the face of a nuclear disaster."
"Our existance... a subterranean Fallout shelter modified to house 1,000 people indefinitely after a nuclear holocaust. It's been nearly 80 years and we don't have any ideas what's out there. Sure, we've sent out volunteer scouts, but none of them have returned..
"Now our water recycler has failed. Rationing has begun, but someone needs to leave the vault to get a replacement microchip for the water recycler and look for other survivors.
We drew straws. You drew the short one..."
- Remember Wasteland? Fallout creates a classic old-school role-playing experience with all new depth and complexity.
- Over 50 mini-quests with multiple solutions take you through devastated wastelands such as Rad Scorpion dens, Junction, and the Brotherhood of Steel.
- Meticulous turn-based combat lets you target specific body parts to wound, cripple, or kill as you see fit.
- Make your own character or start with one of three pre-generated types: Diplomatic, Deceptive, and Combative.
- Victims don't just perish, they get cut in half, melt into a pile of goo, and explode like a blood sausage into chunks of flesh.
- Improve your character's skills thru play and receive perks tailored to your character's abilities.